Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Christmas gingerbread cookies

The Christmas time is coming very fast and a few days ago I started to bake first portion of gingerbread. The thing that excites me the most in baking is of course decoration. I like to sit at the evening with all those beautiful sugary pearls and frosting and just calm down and having fun. Decorating is very relaxing for me. 

Here you are, I am giving you my best recipe for cookies so far, I bake them ecery year and still I am not discouraged.

Ingredients: (about 50 cookies)


  • 500 g of flour
  • 200 g of honey
  • 200 g of powdered sugar
  • 250 g of butter or margarine
  • 1-2 eggs
  • 1 full teaspoon of baking soda
  • a little bit of salt
  • 3 teaspoons of gingerbread spice
Preparation:

Butter, honey and gingerbread spice heat gently but do not boil ( it should be smooth). On a board or bowl sift flour with baking soda and salt, make a little hole in the middle and gently poor the cool honey and butter. Add the rest of the ingredients and knead until the dough is smooth and shiny. The dough wrap into a foil and put to the fridge for about 2 hours. Take out the dought about 15 minutes before rolling it. Put a little bit of flour on the board. Divide dough on two pieces and roll out to a thickness of 5 mm and cut the gingerbread.Cookies put on the paper on the baking sheet and maintain space because they will grow up. Bake about 10 - 15 minutes at 160 degrees until they are golden but not brown. 

GOOD LUCK AND MERRY CHRISTMAS!





No comments:

Post a Comment