Sunday, March 22, 2015

Be active, it's SPRING

The best season of the year has already started :) Everything starts growing and becomes more colorful. Also I can finally back to my favourite activities! One of them is roller skating. I found it really difficult to learn it, but now I think that is one of the most enjoyable moments of spending my time. Even standing can be scary at first. When you will learn how to keep the balance, the rest will be only a pleasure :) I have ridden on rollers for 9 years and I am truly convinced that practise makes better, I didn't need the teacher, the only thing that I had to remember is never-ending patience ;) For the beginners, follow few simple rules, how to be better and better: The most important:


  • Being nervous or shaky will increase your chance of falling so have confidence!
  • Try to stay near the wall so you have some guidance and support. (veery helpful :D)
  • Make sure your skates fit well. If you wear the wrong size you'll have trouble keeping your balance.
  • Check the wheels of the skates often, beware of threads, cloths, oil, rope, pipes or other hard or slippery materials on the floor.( you really don't want to loose any of wheels, like me recently, ups :D)
  • Don’t let yourself try to walk normally in rollers. It won’t work. In skating, you propel forward by pushing to the side. Learn proper form right from the beginning.
  • Keep practicing! Go very slowly, and get the feel of moving. Keep practicing knee falls. They are your safest and surest stop.
  • Try to skate every day, or at least every other day in the beginning. Roller skating is new way of moving, and the more frequently you skate, the sooner it will feel natural.

Don't give up and good luck :)



No comments:

Post a Comment