Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Novelist: Haruki Murakami

Recently I read his first book, I bought it accidentaly, but many people recommended me his books before. I decided to choose 'Norvegian Wood' very strange, but gripping and addictive book. Haruki Murakami is a Japanese writer. He is not only popular in Japan but also in the world, his books are translated in the 50 different languages! It's a huge succes, isn't it? His writing seems little bit melancolic, surrealistic and magical.



The 'Norvegian Wood' is a nostalgic, sad story about loss and sexuality. The main character is named Toru Watanbe, a student living in Tokyo. He is torn between two girls, emotionally destroyed Naoko, but his true love, and outgoing and brave Midori. This book maybe seems depressive, but behing each sad moment comes up the light and hope. It was very pleasant to read it, but the story maybe was a little but predictable. I guess that at first sight we won't notice the beauty and provocativeness.


If you have not read Murakami and you enjoy literary fiction, you're truly missing out. I'm ashamed I didn't come across him sooner. His books are at turns beautiful and sorrowful, and consistently magical.


Even when there's no magic involved.


No comments:

Post a Comment