Saturday, January 16, 2016

BELLY DANCE

Today I'd like to present you one of a arabic dances that I'm really interested in. I've always been addicted to Bollywood movies, songs and beautiful costumes. Three months ago I decided to take a risk (yes because I totally don't have a sense of rhythm) and take part in Belly dance classes. And I loved it! Of course, it was more difficult than seeing perfoming girls in the moves or on youtube. The most difficult for me for now it is doing movements with your hands and connect it with other parts of body :) With every lesson I am better and better so I don't give up and try until I'll be succeed. 



The history of the dance is also very interesing. The term "belly dance" is a translation of the French term "danse du ventre", which was applied to the dance in the Victorian era, and probably originally referred to the Arabic tribe Ouled Nail dancers of Algeria, whose dance used more abdominal movements than the dances described today as "belly dance". It is something of a misnomer, as every part of the body is involved in the dance; the most featured body part is usually the hips.



I reckon I fall in love with this dance and I already encouraged some of my friends to try this and surely they don't regret because it's a lof of fun for body and your well-being. What is the best, is the fact that you don't have to be super skinny to dance! The more bigger belly, the effects are more visible!

photos: victory-dance.pl





No comments:

Post a Comment